Friday, July 27, 2012

posh totty

So firstly, this is what I was supposed  to do today. I was suppose to get up early, and take the train to visit Miss Ella in Greenwich where I would no doubt have had a wonderful day and taken lots of pretty pictures. Further, I really should've gotten into the Olympic spirit and braved the crowds to watch the Opening Ceremony on one of the many big screens throughout London.

Alas, a bad night's sleep and bone idleness killed that dream before it had time to take its first breath.


I didn't actually remember until after 2 o'clock that I had already booked tickets a couple of weeks ago, to a play that evening. I was kicking myself for my overzealousness because all I wanted to do was curl into a ball under my doona. But no, I would not waste more of my day than I already had so I pulled my socks up and tubed it to Leicester Square to watch 'Posh' at the Duke of York's Theatre.

It's 2 hours and 45 minutes of quite attractive boys with posh accents, in coat tails being very very naughty.

Do I have a type, or do I have a type?

It has received very good reviews, and puts me in mind of 'History Boys' (which I loved!) - except made a little more repulsive for their long speeches on how much they 'hate poor people'. A lot of it was just so shocking that I spent the majority of the play with my mouth open (no rude jokes please).

Throw in some accapella versions of Labrinth, Tinie Tempah, Maroon 5 and LMFAO songs and I'm a really happy girl.

With a title like 'Posh' you know it's going to be a commentary on class in modern British society etc - to be honest I really just went because this guy's in it:


 

To use the local venacular:

PHWOAR.

Tom Mison - you is well fit.



Oh, and this was dinner....tiramisu and a cuppa while I read a Stephen Fry book.



I'm now at the hotel watching a show about tiny animals - at some point I've got to turn over to the Opening Ceremony....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are love.